Friday, February 15, 2013

Touch Drawing with Deborah Koff-Chapin


Deer-Sun, Sonia Garcia 2013
This weekend I had the pleasure of participating in an invigorating and introspective transformative art experience with Deborah Koff-Chapin in the Touch Drawing class at JFKU.

At first I thought it would be just a clever spin on a studio technique but I was pleasantly proven wrong.
The weekend showed me a simple but effective way to channel my inner psyche directly onto paper.
By flowing through tons of drawings, and with the structure and authentic support of the instructor, I created a series of work that can be reflected upon or used to inform later work.

I highly recommend Deborahs classes to anyone willing to open their eyes to their soul or those who want to use Touch Drawing with students. Deborah is amazing because she is so open to offering Touch Drawing to enrich others lives and offers support to those who seek it.

I imagine her retreats which tuck people away in nature must be profoundly rewarding. The next retreat one is at Esalen in Big Sur March 8-10. It is the only public weekend scheduled in CA for at least a whole year. Find out more here: <http://www.esalen.org/workshop/11673


Please visit The Center for Touch Drawing http://www.touchdrawing.com for more resources.

No comments:

Post a Comment